Why this microphone?
Because we have tested it. We have used it. And we think, for the price, it delivers a great sound!
Are there other options?
Yes, there are hundreds of different microphones available on the market. We offer one, this one. Simple. No confusion. Get it, use it, see for yourself.
From Richard, Owner of Prompt-it®:
We have received many enquiries about audio over the last year and it was about time we offered a simple, effective solution to our customers. We came across this little microphone a few weeks ago during one of our video productions and immediately thought: “This is PERFECT to offer for Prompt-it®”. One solution, easy.
How it works (the basics):
- Find the ‘mic’ plug on your camera. Plug the microphone’s jack into it.
- Unwind the long cable (6 meters), run it from your camera, down the tripod, along the floor, up to your belt, then under your shirt or jacket, and clip it to your jacket’s lapel or t-shirt collar.
- Adjust your camera’s mic sensitivity levels (not all cameras can do this)
- Start recording!
The (confusing) specifics of this microphone:
This microphone, BOYA BY-M1, is an omnidirectional lavalier microphone, perfect for video use, designed for Smartphones, DSLR, Camcorders, Audio recorders, PC’s, etc. This lavalier microphone features an Omni pickup pattern, for full 360-degree coverage. An integrated 6-meter (20”) cable with a 3.5mm 4-pole gold plug, can connect directly to smartphones and most cameras.
The ON/OFF SMARTPHONE button:
- When using this microphone with a smartphone, ensure the switch is set to OFF/SMARTPHONE.
- When using with a DSLR, Camcorders, Audio recorders or PC, ensure the switch is set to ON.
- Clip-On Mic for Smartphones, DSLR, Camcorders, Audio recorders, PC etc.
- Omni directional condenser microphone
- High-quality condenser is ideal for video use
- Low handling noise
- Includes lapel clip, LR44 battery, foam windscreen, 1/4” adapter