The Prompt-it Maxi holds smartphones and tablets up to 26cm x 19cm in its tray. It can be used with the iPad Pro 9.7″, iPad 4, iPad3, iPad2, iPad Retina, iPad mini, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 2 7″, iPhone, iPod touch and many more.
The Maxi is NOT compatible with iPad Pro 12.9″ which is larger than the tray.
Yes, the thin film optical coating provides the reflective surface for the script. Also, ordinary glass has a green tint which will affect all your footage. The beamsplitter glass is colour-neutral.
The glass used with prompt-it®maxi has dual view with reflection and transmission of light. 70% light transmission and 30% reflection (70T/30R). It has an optical thin-film coating on one side that reflects and transmits light waves that fall upon it at a specific ratio. prompt-it®maxi beamsplitter glass is high quality and true-to-source colour of both reflected and transmitted light. prompt-it®maxi beamsplitter glass is also specially designed both for interior and exterior applications. The process to create this special glass is complicated and time-consuming, therefore it is expensive and should be treated with care (like your camera lens).
The results are better. You can stand closer to the teleprompter and your audience will not see your eyes moving so much from left to right. The glass is also more portable, lighter, stronger and less expensive (as there is less glass). This cost saving is passed onto you!
A simple reflection test on the glass will indicate which side faces the camera and which side faces the presenter. Put your fingernail against the bottom of the beamsplitter glass. If there is a gap between your nail and the reflection (about 3mm) of your nail, then that side faces the camera. If you turn the glass around and do the same process, then your fingernail should be right against the reflection (no gap); this side faces the presenter.
If you are standing very close (within 50cm to 1m of the glass), and your tablet brightness is set to maximum, you will see slight ghosting. This is normal. Decrease the brightness of your tablet and step back to a reasonable distance (approx. 2m) and the ghosting will no longer be visible. If the doubling of the text is still really visible, then you may have the glass set up the wrong way around.
Your prompt-it® maxi comes with a beamsplitter glass cleaning kit. To ensure your beamsplitter glass stays clear, it will need to be carefully and regularly cleaned.
- NEVER use ammonia-based cleaning agents, strong alkalis, acids, detergents with fluoride or solvents on your glass as they can damage the special coating.
- Always use a soft, lint-free cloth to wipe any spots.
- Keep the glass spot-free & dry. Spots will stain the special coating. If any liquid falls on the glass, clean it off immediately. Otherwise you will end up with dirty circles on your glass.
- Clean the glass after every use. This ensures it stays clean and free of stains.
- Don’t handle with greasy or dirty fingers.
Always keep the beamsplitter glass in a dry and UV-protected environment. We strongly recommend you keep the beamsplitter glass in the supplied black protective sleeve whenever it is not in use. It is not recommended to put any kind of stickers on the beamsplitter glass because you can damage the coating when removing the sticker.
- Place it on a soft surface. You can use the glare cover provided in the prompt-it®maxi kit.
- Take the ammonia-free spray bottle from the cleaning kit and spray once or twice on the beamsplitter glass. Using the squeegee, push backwards and forwards, up and down the glass to clean it. Make sure that the surface is completely dry before cleaning the other side of the glass.
- Lay the black beamsplitter glass sleeve next to the beamsplitter glass and slide the beamsplitter glass back in the sleeve, carefully, without putting fingerprints back on the glass.
Good News! We sell replacement glass, just click the link to place an order Replacement Glass.